Friday, February 15, 2008

On The Road Again


I am back on the road and wanted to give everyone an update about our distribution efforts.

We received word that we will soon receive our first purchase orders from Grassroots in Alabama and Merchant of Vino in Oregon. We love these guys for giving us a chance to prove that there is a demand for Fair Trade wine in the United States.

I have met with Whole Foods in Texas and several distribution companies in Texas and Louisiana. We are waiting for everyone to taste the wines and once that painstakingly process is over (a tough job I know) we will have found more homes for these great wines.

Tonight I will be in Denver, Colorado. Monday night I will be back in Minneapolis to get ready for the arrival of Paula Bottero, our Calesa winemaker. We are going to participate in the Twin Cities Food and Wine show and run a seminar on Chilean Fair Trade Wine. If anyone is in the area be sure to stop by!

Last year we won four awards with the Semillion 2006 and Carmenere 2006. We were awarded best imported red and white and best value imported red and white. This was the first time two wines received four awards in the competition’s 13 years.

Twin Cities Food and Wine Experience
Feb. 21 – 24
http://www.foodwineshow.com

5 comments:

Kinney & Associates said...

My co-workers and I have been following your blog since we came across it. Very passionate, informative and entertaining. Thanks for introducing us to the world of Fair Trade Wines! I can't wait to see your wines in Chicago!

Shing said...

Tiff!! Oh wow! What a surprise! Good luck with you venture... read my reply to your email for more info. Great to hear from you!

Robb said...

Etica crew,

I came across your site via the Virginia wine network here. I saw talks w/ Whole Foods? We have a store here, but the selection there and other places in this so-called "hip" Southern city just aren't there. Come'on ya'll, wake up and smell the grapevines and let's get the supply up to the consumer's market demands. I cannot believe we don't have more FT vino selection here. We're getting the same stuff. It's good bu the FT vino variety needs an infusion and WFs and its distribution could help us spectators out! Surely if Etica wines can get a run on the Today Show getting on our shelves is realistic. We're a sustainable, green city wanting more FT reds and whites!

Prof. Robb, C-ville, VA

Unknown said...

Etica Fair Trade is about to reach the tipping point ...'the levels for which the momentum for change become unstoppable'. Thanks to companies like yours for meeting our needs while driving change at the heart of where it's really, desperately needed.

Dogblogger said...

Is that Professor Robb, with TWO "b"s ? I think I really do learn something new everyday! :)