Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Vagabond

I am a vagabond. More like a wine vagabond on a mission.

Wikipedia identifies one such being as a (generally impoverished) itinerant person. Such people may be called tramps, rogues, or hobos. A vagabond is characterized by traveling, lacking a fixed home, abode, or residence. Vagabonds are not bums, as bums are not known for traveling.

SWEET! I am not a bum.

A week ago I packed up my apartment, coxed my father in to helping me move everything into his barn, filled my car full of wine and hit the road.

“When you coming back?” Dad asks.

“I have no idea.”

I left Hudson, Wisconsin, waved goodbye to my old Minneapolis apartment, and headed down south on interstate 35W.

3 comments:

Angie said...

Hi Tiff! Good to hear from you! I'm envious that you've found warmer weather...please push some back towards MN, we're freezing!!!!

Thanks for the update, it's always good to hear how you're doing!!!! Write again soon ;)

~ Angie

KeKoh said...

Yay!! You're doing it. I'm so happy for you... this is going to be such a rich experience for you. I really hope you are having a good time and are successful in your journey.

Thank you for sending this, I hope to meet up with you in SF.

John said...

Kuddos Tiff for gettin' out there! Know that you have a vagabond counterpart out there going through the same things...headed to the cold country. Ugh. You've a great product and a great story, so knock 'em dead!