Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Go South- Find Warmer Weather

The very first goal of my journey was to get out of 12-degree weather as quickly as possible. Who could blame me? I could always pull off the highway and sleep in a warm hotel but I was not about to move 25 cases of wine out of my car…again.

(One case of wine equals 37.5 pounds- give or take depending on the size of the bottles. Wine is my workout.)

Besides, who in their right mind could sleep while 25 cases of gorgeous wine slowly froze to death? This wine is my livelihood. This wine is really special.

This wine's final home matters to a lot of people- those that planted the vines, those that cared for them throughout the years, those that picked, those that transported, those that helped turn grapes into wine, those that bottled and labeled, those that packed, those that drove, those that sailed, those that delivered the paperwork, those that unpacked, those that sold, those that bought and those who will drink.

I made it to Wichita, Kansas. 37 degrees. Relief.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Friday....2:33 pm 1/25

I'm following you sweetie... keep us informed and your blog is great. You're always on my mind anyway...but this way I can feel a part of you and your adventure.

How easy is it to do a blog? How can I have easy access to the blog each day? Can I put it on my desktop??

Love, Bob (in Virginia)

Everything But The Kitchen Sink said...

Hey, darlin! I'm glad you started a blog! I have more names and such to give you. I love what you're doing, and I'm SO PROUD TO KNOW YA!