Monday, January 28, 2008

Keep Austin Weird


Austin is quite possibly the coolest town on Earth.

Boasting bumper stickers that are taken to heart, the Keep Austin Weird campaign seems to be working. It is not that Austin is weird at all but a liberally minded anomaly in Texas, a visionary of art and culture, an explosion of watering holes, and beautifully eclectic.

There is no place like it. Fair Trade wine is going to sell very well here. Everyone has been really receptive. Austonians care about these issues.

My favorite places: Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, San Jose Hotel, Austin Java and The Garden Room.

I cannot wait to go back and meet up with newfound friends and all my family I keep dropping in on and accidentally staying with for a week.

I will be back to finalize meetings with distributors. Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments: