Sunday, October 10, 2010

Re: Failure

It has been a while. I guess a while equals 17 months and 1 day.

To say the least, I have Regrouped.

Regrouped is an excellent word that literally means to become Reorganized in order to make a fresh start. Usually Regrouping happens twice a year: on New Years and on my birthday.

But this was an emergency Regrouping if you will. It was not usual because the Regrouping was do to failure. I am not big on failure. Especially when it is I who does the failing.

Etica, my baby, was falling into the abyss.

It is hard to fail.

In combination with failing in the general sense (business and livelihood), I found that I could be more specific and also fail in the “trying” category. Trying in this case included trying to fix my problems, trying to get out of debt, trying to not loose my mind and so on and so on.

For a while there I locked the doors and hid from creditors. Eventually, I came out of my house (in order to move) and went and got a job. And I got one - in Corporate America.

Although I knew I was lucky to find a job, I will be the first to admit it - I was in hell.

No comments: