Monday, April 13, 2009

My Daily Red


The ever-growing-in-popularity-USDA-organic-certified Red Wine. For a sulfite free wine, you know, it wasn't half bad. Actually it was good for being a $9.99 bottle of wine. I was surprised.

I wanted to try it out at a consumption level that I could test. Part science experiment, part excitement that I have an entire bottle all to myself! No, I didn't drink the whole bottle, just half, in one sitting. I wanted to know if I was going to feel the sulfite-free difference.

The arguments about sulfite vs. sulfite-free wine was beginning to get a little mind boggling. The arguments seem compelling on both sides of the consumption spectrum. However, for my business, importing a sulfite-free wine is a little scary. Forget about it. I could end up with a container of vinegar by the time it rocked all the way to the US!

Back to my experiment.

Directions:
Pour yourself half a bottle of wine. (over at least three glasses of course)
Drink it.
Got to sleep.
Wake up.

Hypothesis: I would wake up feeling like a million bucks.

Results: I still woke up with a headache and my usual sinus pressure when I am dehydrated.

Recommendations: I guess I am not that susceptible to the so-called ills of sulfites. I guess if you are then you should drink this wine. If you aren't then drink it anyway. Moderation is key to the drinking process anyway you look at it and there's no getting around it.

Enlightenment: I did realize that the sacrifices I make for this job are just so critical to its success. And someone's got to do it!

No comments: