Sunday, April 27, 2008

MN Crazy


Yesterday was one of those days when I thought everyone might be right.

Minnesota?

Are you crazy?

April 26th, the first day of the Minneapolis Farmers Market and it is snowing. It is snowing hard.

Although not in the most pleasant of moods I do want to embrace my fair weather friend and explain to others what it is that draws me to the land of a whole lot of lakes.

Food!
 We have lots of farmers and they go to market.

 Minnesota has a state fish that makes for good eats and its called
Walleye. I love fishing for them, love eating them even more.

 The amazing array of delicious eateries from the trendsetting likes of Masa and Hell’s Kitchen
to the exquisitely sweet locals like Lucia’s, Birchwood CafĂ© and the Red Stag Supper Club.

Music
89.3 The Curent.
 MN does Rock and we have lots of places to see music. Lots of local bands worth freezing your butt off to see.
Mason Jennings, Tapes 'N Tapes and Atmosphere to name a few.
 Lots of outdoor music festivals- very much worth taking a trip to MN just to experience

Summer
Everything you can do in most other states, you can also do in MN
BUT
+ with less people
+ lots o’ nature
+ and in lots of water for big and small boats. We kind of have our own mini ocean.

I love the Twin Cities in the summer and cannot wait to see the rest of the population again!

Hopefully I will get an opportunity to drink a glass of wine overlooking the mighty Mississippi before I jump back into the beloved VW. I am heading back to Colorado and my summer Fair-Trade-a-thon will begin in a few weeks.

No comments: